Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sea Change in my Adsense AIS

I've never really been in love with creating sites just for adsense revenue - my sites have to give value. It's probably why I have only around 20 such sites and earn only about $900 to $1000 per month from Adsense...some of the so called "big boys" have thousands of websites and earn upwards of $50k per month. These people have systems in place to enable them to automate most everything. Count me out After quite a lot of investigation (and loads of $$$ spent) I have decided not to go forward with this type of site/system. Such programs I found for doing this include "Blotto Blog Maker", "Viral Instigator", "PG Insider", "RSS 2 Blog", "Blog Solution" and so on. With the advent of these new tools, I am seeing people brand new to Adsense create 1000s of sites/blogs per day, in the hope that a few of them will make a decent amount. To me, this is no better than email spam. A Sea Change My own (adsense style) AIS sites are now 5 to 10 page websites, ultra-targetted, with proper content on each page as well as adsense and perhaps a product to sell (or an Affiliation). Because I've used so many site creation programs over the past year, I know what works and what doesn't - I have been tinkering & tweaking these tiny websites and have decided that it's a viable way to earn an Adsense Income; with CTR above 40% and earnings coming in at an average of $4 per site per day - more importantly, I feel happy that my sites are adding value to the Internet, rather than simply adding more spam.

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

6 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 04:51:00 PM, Anonymous Tom said...

Interesting that you've decided to take this path Gary - as you know I'm following a similar approach.

As well as adding real 'value' to the internet, I think that original sites with decent content will be a lot more sustainable in the long run.

How many tens of thousands of auto-generated sites can exist before the search engines start to do something about it?

 
At 4/08/2006 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Exactly - I am tired of seeing the same old crappy built sites. Admittedly, some auto-gen site building programs that look decent, but they don't add value.

Now I have my new system in place (been testing & tweaking a lot recently), I'm happy to have found a very nice system that works in the way that I want it to.

I suppose it is like buying a suit off the peg, or getting it tailored. The tailored one is always going to fit more closely.

 
At 4/09/2006 04:58:00 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I agree. All those auto generated sites are not going to be around forever.

I've stayed away from building sites that have adsense lately. I'm working on sites for my own products and affiliates.

Dave

 
At 4/09/2006 11:02:00 PM, Anonymous Matt said...

I agree with you Gary, pumping out crap for 1c a day on a large scale might well mean an okay return, but it adds nothing, as you say, to the internet - and I so dont want it to end up like the email spams.

I think sites, like one of mine, that offer something for the user as well as adsense and clickbank are the way forward, I built another AIS which has detailed articles in it and thats popular and a higer return.

Hopefully it will reverse, and we will get lots of people making high quality content sites to get a better return!

 
At 4/10/2006 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

This afternoon, I changed one of my adsense sites over from a "Niche Creator" design to a "Burts Secret Sauce" design. It has only about 12 pages total, and I am looking forward to seeing how it fares with the new design (which I am still testing and tweaking).

 
At 4/11/2006 07:34:00 PM, Anonymous One Dollar A Day said...

Interesting stuff!

I'm trying both PG Insider and Viral Instigator at the moment. PG Insider is definitely worth the money if you want to take the mass building approach. Viral Instigator is an interesting concept but has not made me any money. I will probably be getting a refund on that.

The recent success of one of my content sites has renewed my faith in doing things properly too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!