Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Blogger -> Wordpress

OK, I made the executive decision to swap from Blogger to Wordpress. Domain Name is registered and hosting is set up. Next up is to wait for DNS to resolve, then I will play with Wordpress (I have very little experience of theming WP) for a while to get a layout that I like. Then I'll attempt to import all the posts and comments from here into my new WP set-up. That should be fun. I expect to have it completed sometime next week. In the meantime, I shall be looking for a WP theme (I can't be bothered to create my own) - anyone know of a good looking theme repository. Don;t mind if it's free or paid-for. Ta.

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

5 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 02:56:00 PM, Anonymous Nathan Waters said...

Good work Gary, you're now a "professional" blogger :)

 
At 4/26/2006 03:01:00 PM, Blogger geebandit said...

have you looked at http://themes.wordpress.net?

 
At 4/26/2006 03:33:00 PM, Anonymous shobber said...

Gary,

I left blogger for many of the reasons you outlined in a previous post. I think you will really enjoy wordpress. The new version of worpress has a really easy to use blogger import script. I had to convert one site with hundreds of posts and had no issues. Good Luck hope all goes as smooth for you.

 
At 4/26/2006 03:46:00 PM, Blogger Oli said...

Let us know how easy the conversion to WP is. Might be good as a backup for those of us still using Blogger if the process is relatively simple...

 
At 4/26/2006 04:33:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Pretty straightforward to be honest. I'll write a piece about it on my new blog :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!