Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Friday, April 14, 2006

Blog Top Sites

You might have noticed the small "blog top sites" button in the very bottom of the right hand column. It's basically a counter which shows me how well my site does compared to other sites in the same genre (marketing/seo). What Blog Top Sites does is count the number of times the button is loaded, then put your site into a league table. The count is reset each week, so the values are meaningful - everyone gets the same starting line each week... I added mine on April 12th and it's at #15 in the league table so far - which is not bad for 3 days results. Why not add your sites? It's free and is a useful indicator of how your site fares against other sites; Blog Top Sites Mainly, it's a bit of fun :)

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

3 Comments:

At 4/14/2006 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Tom said...

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the explanation as to how the system works, I wasn't really sure.

I added my site to the blog top sites counter a couple of weeks ago - it's not displaying any numbers yet though! :)

 
At 4/14/2006 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Tom, I think you have your blog in the wrong genre - there's so many in the "business" area, that your site will never be seen...

Can you swap it to the "marketing/seo" area? It's a nearer fit to what we do anyway...

If you can't swap it, maybe just create a new account?

 
At 4/15/2006 05:35:00 PM, Anonymous Tom said...

Cheers for the tip Gary - I didn't really pay much attention when I signed up! :)

Will look into changing the category shortly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!