Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Article Miner is closing it's doors

A few months ago I spoke of the need to use articles on AIS sites, and recommended a program called "Article Miner". I usually use articles that I have purchased which are known as PLR articles - this type of article allows you to change the text and add your own attributions. The other type of article is the type that "Article Miner" scans through and presents in a good format ready for use on AIS sites. These are the type of articles found at the likes of articlecity and ezinearticles (amongst others)... I have just learned that Article Miner is closing it's doors to new customers as of May 1st. If you did not already purchase it, now is the time to do so. Link: Article Miner

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

5 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 09:00:00 AM, Anonymous Tom said...

Gary,

What are your thoughts on the possible negative "duplicate content" impact of using articles which also appear on lots of other sites?

Tom

 
At 4/20/2006 09:16:00 AM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Tom; not great - but it's better to have your pages with already used articles than to not have any content at all. I use these as filler; g, if my site has 20 pages, but I have only 10 [good] artciles, I will find another 10 from here to use temporarily.

As time goes on, I find more [good] articles, and remove these ones. That's about it really...

I know a lot of people use them on "splogs" as well, but that's not an area that I touch so cannot say how well that works.

 
At 4/20/2006 05:19:00 PM, Anonymous Will said...

The great benefit of Article Miner, I find, is that you get access to almost all of the (article) content you might ever need (as site filler) without having to comb through the article directories.

 
At 4/20/2006 06:19:00 PM, Blogger Oli said...

I have an app that sounds like it is very similar to this. I made it but then just left it, nobody but me has even ever seen it.

Procrastination... etc...

 
At 4/20/2006 07:03:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Oli; now is the time to release such a tool onto the market. If you can price it right, you'll have no end of buyers.

Will; exactly, it's a good tool for getting quick content.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!