Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Saturday, April 01, 2006

$137 per day - is it achievable ?

The answer is patently "yes". I just looked back through my last 6 months AIS earnings, it works out to an average of just under $162 per day. Is 6 months long enough to gather data, I'd say yes. Now, assuming I keep at around $162, this equates to a yearly income of around $60k - now I am unsure if $60k is a decent wage in the US, but in UK Sterling that's almost £33,000 which is a very nice wage (or €50000). Particularly for doing very little work to earn it. So, the next step is to sit back and decide which areas need more development - for me this is simple as I have kept a very detailed spreadsheet since October 1st 2005, which details every cent and where/how it was earned. I can already see that Adsense Income makes up less than 15% of my (6 month) income - this is good in one respect, eg if adsense stopped tomorrow I'd be OK. But it's an area that I need to concentrate on in order to build this up to nearer 25% - it's quite simple to build sites with adsense on! I can also see that eBook income drastically dropped off after I sold the oscbooks site to Paul - this is another area which I need to work on, as I want to start selling my own written eBooks once again - I need to find some good subject matter. Template sales are still going well, not only for osCommerce, but also for the other pieces of software that I have an interest in. Affiliate Income is still quite small, as I do not recommend products that I have not personally tried (unlike most other marketers!), thus my recommendations are few and far between, meaning my earnings are also quite low. I am quite happy with this however.

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

4 Comments:

At 4/01/2006 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Dave said...

That is great! I'm not there yet but am working everyday twoards it.

Dave

 
At 4/02/2006 07:13:00 PM, Anonymous Erik said...

Crazy inspirational. Keep rockin'. I wish I could get to 1 percent of that.

Keep up the great posts and letting us know how it's going. For those of us who aren't pulling down much in terms of income, it's always good to see others who are.

E

 
At 4/03/2006 07:56:00 AM, Anonymous Tom said...

Always good to hear about your successes Gary.

Interesting also to hear that Adsense only makes up 15% of your total income - a hint perhaps that the rest of us shouldn't concentrate too much on purely advertising revenue.

 
At 4/03/2006 02:14:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Dave, Erik, Tom - thanks :)

Tom, I've alluded to this many times in the poast, I'll make a new post about it, and try to get some feedback...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!