Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Where were You ?

In an attempt to find out a bit more about each other, I decided a good way would be to ask "where were you?" 1 year, 5 years and 10 years ago... It might take off, it might not - might be interesting, might be not...answer the questions, then send them on to three others! 1 Year ago (2005) Pretty much doing what I am doing now - as little as possible in a self-employed status. Working on creating streams of income! Set up around 10 or 12 sites. 5 years ago (2001) My first year of self employment, but sub-contracted out to a small hosting firm. First got involved with osCommerce (The Exchange Project as it was). Set up Dot Drag Net with an online buddy, this is still going strong with an interesting bunch in the DDN Forum. 10 years ago (1996) Working all-hours for one of the largest Life Assurance firms in the World. It would be another 2 years before I first accessed the Internet! Got married (divorced soon after & still living with the consequences)! How about you? I pass this onto Boo, Rich and Chris.

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

6 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 05:14:00 PM, Anonymous boo said...

Nice idea, appeals to my nosey womanly streak, so I'm game. :)

 
At 3/30/2006 07:35:00 PM, Anonymous Chance said...

I think I'm a little hurt.

 
At 3/30/2006 08:14:00 PM, Blogger JavaRoasters said...

I think I'm a little hurt.

Were you hurt a year ago? 5 years? 10 years ago? or just today? ;)

 
At 3/30/2006 09:23:00 PM, Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Nice idea Gary, brightened up an otherwise drab day - Its stocktaking time at the moment - not fun.

Didnt realise you were behind setting up the DDN forum - do you still have anything to do with the running of it or are you just a member now?

Pete and JC dont worry - its your turn now!

Cheers,
Rich

 
At 3/30/2006 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Looking forward to being nosy also ;)

Yep, it was the creation of myself and Sam. I think I was high at the time or drunk. Happy days!

We then got a couple of other people involved, I think that Sam is now the only original owner left. I am only a member now, as I found the politics of being "nice" too much to handle.

 
At 3/31/2006 10:39:00 AM, Anonymous hurricane said...

I found the politics of being "nice" too much to handle

It's a difficult road that only a few of us are able to travel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!