Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My osCommerce Site has suddenly picked up...

Burty, posting by the power of email :-)

Many of you will know that one of my longest serving and trusty AIS sites is my osCommerce Templates site at <a href=" www.oscommerce-templates.co.uk">osCommerce Templates</a> - over the last 18 months or so, sales have gone steadily downhill, this due to a couple of reasons:

1/  Template Monster started selling osCommerce designs.
2/  I withdrew from the osCommerce Community.

These two things combined have reduced my AIS income on my Templates sites from around $500 a month, to around $100 a month.  However, over the last 6 weeks or so, there has been quite a turnaround, and I'm pleased to say that income from template sales on this particular site has risen back up to around $400 a month on average.

I do have a few resellers of my templates, but sales on this are very few and far between - I am considering closing the scheme down as it is just not bringing in sales.  I'll have to ponder that a bit further, maybe set a minimum sales threshold every quarter or something.

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

2 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 02:12:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

I have taken the decision to set a minimum sales level per quarter for all resellers - the level is not high, and should be easily achievable for everyone.

Why do this? I have so many resellers who think that putting up a link on a website will get customers and make them a fee that it's just got silly. I am hoping that people will see this as a positive move - indeed if I force people to make sales (in order to qualify for the large discount) then it can only be good for them and me.

We'll see how it goes, and who moans about the change ;)

 
At 3/12/2006 01:07:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Gary,

The site is featured in April's .Net magazine so that could be part of the reason you've seen the increase.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!