Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

AIS potpourri

A few things for todays installment of AIS adventures... My first Donation I received my first donation from Easy Menu - this is a site I purchased about 10 days ago as it fits nicely into my portfolio. The basis of this site is not adsense, but is all about raising money via donation/payments for use of the semantically correct list. Thank you to the Donator :) Re-monetize an underperforming site Late last night I took another look at one of my underperforming sites - it should be doing better than it is! Last month it averaged just $0.27 per day. In one month I will come back to this post and let you know the effect of the changes that I made. Basically all I did was rejig the content of the site (it is only a 1 page site), and place adsense more prominently. It took about 10 minutes. osCommerce Templates You'll know by now that one of my sites was "featured" in an article in the popular UK computer magazine .net - I made an offer for all .net readers to get an extra 25% off and have had a few orders on the back of this over the past coupple of days. Update on PLR Manna PLR Manna sales have dropped off. I knew that this particular product would have a fairly short shelf-life, but was hoping for a little longer yet. I'll keep the site up for now as it has PR and may be useful for something else in the future. This site earned it's way though as I made a nice profit though I did over-estimate the sales I would make (I should have taken the 7.5k offer that was made for it). Oh well, at least I cannot say "what if" (if I had sold the site). New AIS upcoming! I am in final preparation to launch a new product AIS (no adsense). It's linked to my other AIS's and if my previous is anything to go by, it should sell around 50 products at an average of $50 each. We'll see. More on that when I launch (which should be by the end of this month). The Dawn of a New Age? Over on one of my other Forum haunts, Boo posted this:

Anyway, I had a spare few minutes earlier today and so logged into my adsense account for the first time since Dec, just to see if ANYTHING had changed - and what did I find? I've got over $200 dollars sitting in there! Checked the stats in a bit more detail and since Jan I've been averaging just under $5 per day. And this is all from sites that I'd completely forgotton about - zero promotion, nuffin. So I'm a very happy bunny - and it seems that those of you saying 'stop stressing, sit back and give it time' were right!
This is a good result, nice one Boo. Now, please update your AIS blog ;)

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

3 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 09:49:00 AM, Blogger Oli said...

"I'll keep the site up for now as it has PR and may be useful for something else in the future."

In case you hadn't noticed, I searched for "plr articles" on Google the other day, and your site was the first result :)

 
At 3/21/2006 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Thanks Oli - I don't check stats often on these AIS sites. "plr articles" raises an interesting opportunity...

More to follow on this ...

 
At 3/21/2006 05:46:00 PM, Anonymous boo said...

Cheers Gary. :)My faith in AIS has been restored, so the blog is going to get ressurected any day now. My entire mindset is different this time though (long haul, not short sprint to instant results), so we'll see if I fair any better this time around.... :) Well done on all your stuff btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!