Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Thursday, January 19, 2006

PhDiva - archaeology at it's best

If you know me of old, you'll know that I am really keen on archaeology - particularly Roman and Greek - I actually have A-Level archaeology, my thesis was on Pompeii and Herculaneum. Please keep that info to yourself though as people might think I've become a spotty oik student ;) Anyway, I was reading about the Elgin Marbles and came across a fantastic blog, PhDiva - the blog of Dorothy King, one of the foremost archaeologists in the world. Reading that blog will be my task for tomorrow :)

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

2 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Chris H said...

A Level Archaeology! Brilliant.

Always something I'd have liked to have done. Half the time out on field trips, half the time buried in books.

Ta for the link to her blog.

 
At 1/20/2006 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Chris, I corrected this part of your post;

Half the time in the nearest pub whilst out on field trips, half the time buried in books.

Ahem! It was a good fun course.

Most people on DDN think that I have no time for further education & students, nothing could be further from the truth. I simply feel that students should pay their own way, or be forced to take a loan out which is repaid after they have a job (after finishing college/uni)...

I actually have 2 other A-levels as well, but they are boring ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!