Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

More About Articles...

Pre-Written Articles (Copyright) I recently wrote about Article Miner which is a good tool for digging through numerous Article Sites for articles that match your criteria. It's a very good time saving tool. The type of Articles are those such as at Article City - the ones where you need to keep the authors details intact at the bottom...on most of these articles you are not allowed to change the content! Pre-Written Articles (Creative Commons) JC recently wrote about this on his blog - it's a search engine that allows to look for work that you can modify to your hearts content... There are other options open to you; Write your own articles! This takes time, skill and patience. Writing (say) 20 articles each of 500 words is really hard work. I know, I've done it! It's a waste of time and effort. Pre-Written Articles (without Copyright) There are sites which supply pre-written articles that you are allowed to use and modify as much or as little as you like. They are generally limited to a couple of hundred subscribers to save too many people using the same texts, and those subscribers get 25 or so articles in 10 topic areas (in other words, 250 articles per month)...two such sites that I know of are Article Lightning (AL) and Article Force (AF) - AF is the "new kid on the block". I'm a member of both of these sites, solely for the fact that my AIS sites need around 20 articles each, and I don't have the inclination to write them myself.

Tomorrow, I'll write up my thoughts on both the AL and AF sites...

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

3 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 10:09:00 AM, Anonymous jared said...

Gary - - you have got me thinking about the Article Miner (don't know how I missed your other entry about it). I might put it on my site, in the forum area, then put search boxes for the shop, forums, and gallery (the scrapbookers like to upload their work for public display, ideas, etc).

Besides for SEO, they can they look to buy things that they read about.

Thanks for the constant tips!

 
At 1/04/2006 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Hiya Jared,

Bear in mind that Article Miner is a windows application - it sits on your home machine and allows you to output webpages. I don't think there is an online version...

Cheers, Gary

 
At 1/04/2006 05:29:00 PM, Anonymous jared said...

Hrmph. It might still be worth it, though I'd have to run it every day or so to get fresh articles.

:/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!