Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Just sold a Domain Name

Last August I purchased a .com domain with good intentions of building a full-fledged "Product AIS". Unfortunately, I was guilty of procrastination in this case and never did get around to building the site. Well anyway, today, out of the blue I received this:

Judging by your email address and the fact that there is no hosting set up on the domain ************.com, I am guessing you are trying to resell it. If this is the case, what is your asking price?
Well, actually I wasn;t squatting on the domain - I just had not gotten around to it yet - not enough hours in the day. Anyway, upshot is that this guy wanted to use the Domain to start up a business and help the community that I would have been helping... So I sold the domain for just $50 (just about covers the cost of the registration). I could have asked for ten times as much, and it would probably have sold, my feelings on the matter are quite plain; 1. The guy wanted to help his community. 2. I can help him by selling the domain. 3. I don't want to be seen as some money-grabbing idiot. 4. I get some good karma. I wish the guy luck with his new site - I might even sign up as an Affiliate of his if his products are good enough quality...

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!