Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Burts Challenge - 20 days to go

I recently started a little competition for people to start up a website, monetize it and whoever had earned the most income in 6 weeks would receive a $100 prize from me. There's only 20 days to go until the competition is over & I still haven't built my site yet! I'm still confident of getting a result though. I'll start building it next week which will give me about 10 days or so to build up the sales level so that I can stand a chance of winning the competition :D I hope the other entrants are doing well! If any of you want to give an interim report on your adventures, please feel free to post a reply...we'd all love to read more about what you are upto...

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

5 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 03:34:00 PM, Anonymous Corby Simpson said...

Hi Gary, Hope all the other contestants are doing well. This is my first AIS site so I'm kindof "winging it" but I seem to have a rather strong following. Getting about 60-80 unique visitors a day and many return visitors too. I've made $0 thus far BUT I also just added my first amazon link to my site so I've been focusing more on getting readers in a niche. Up to this point, I have not given any opportunity for myself to make any $. We'll see how it turns out for the rest of the month!

 
At 1/12/2006 05:46:00 PM, Anonymous Ed said...

Well so far i have only made around $30-$40 profit however my site isn't technically an AIS site as it involves me fulfilling orders.

 
At 1/13/2006 03:19:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

@corby; good for you! My challenge was not really for people to make money - it was to lay a foundation for the future (or, in other words, do something!)...

@ed; I think there was no rule that it had to be AIS, so you're fine. Probably even in the lead as of right now!

 
At 1/16/2006 07:41:00 PM, Blogger baldy said...

Mine is ticking along nicely - I have sold 2 ebooks (which is 2 more than I ever thought I'd sell!!) and AdSense is doing well too since Google indexed me about a week ago - average of £2.60 per day for the past 7 days :)

 
At 1/16/2006 07:41:00 PM, Blogger baldy said...

$2.60 not £2.60!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!