Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New Years Resolutions

I'm not a great one for making plans and lists and stuff like that. I prefer to do things on the spur of the moment. However, I thought it might be interesting to write down some (business/AIS) resolutions and see if they can be maintained over 2006... Burts Resolutions for 2006 1. Create at least 15 Adsense/ClickBank AIS sites per month. These type of sites are easy to set up and very easy to maintain. The perfect AIS. In addition, this will increase my portfolio of web properties... 2. Implement a new long-term AIS to replace the Oscommerce Books site that I sold. Losing the almost guaranteed monthly income from osC Books means I need to replace that on a long term basis - I have an idea about this, but cannot move ahead for a couple of months. 3. Get at least one person per month out of the AIS starting blocks. The more people that I can get onto AIS, the more incentive I have for staying around! 4. Create at least one subscription based AIS. This is something I have been mulling over. Subscription based offerings are more work and not particularly AIS, but the potential returns can be much higher. 5. Rationalise my portfolio of web properties. I need to start monetizing some of my domains that are unused. I have around 100 domains that need sites putting onto them! That'll do for now.. What are your New Years (Business) Resolutions going to be?

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

5 Comments:

At 12/27/2005 02:24:00 PM, Blogger Paulp said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/27/2005 05:53:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Cheers Paul - good luck to you too!
Which tools are you using?

 
At 12/27/2005 09:02:00 PM, Blogger Paulp said...

Thanks Gary.

Im using RSSG for the sites ( although im altering alot of stuff ), im going to build a new CSS template for every site, and im going to use the free wordtracker to get key words ect.

upto 23rd December my scrush site hadn't been indexed by google although it was looking at the site, on 24th it indexed every page on there, since then the daily visits have increased from around 20-30 to min of 150, and every day since, so far ive earned in excess of $15 per day just for that site ( today im on $25.46 ). I'm not really expecting this to last, but it would be nice if it did. ($20 per day per site, means I only have to build 5 to get to my Goal ;o) )

Must admit though, my first check (after this month ) will be for taking Dave and sarah out for a drink ;o)

 
At 12/27/2005 09:08:00 PM, Anonymous Chance said...

My resolutions:

1. Post 1 article per day to my site at jccommerce.com
2. Launch the super-secret web based service I have been working on in 1st quarter of 2006.
3. Reach 50 subscribers for the super-secret service by the end of 2006 (50 subscribers means I can move full time to the service)
4. Launch an osC AIS site that has been temporarily put on hold because of the web service venture.
5. Generate 500 Adsense/Affiliate sites by the end of 2006.

I think doing all this will allow me to reach my goal of being my own boss :)

 
At 12/28/2005 03:53:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Good going guys.

Paul; so long as you can keep it in Google it'll do well.

JC; this super secret thingy sounds intriguing ... looking forward to hearing more about that ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!