Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Thursday, December 08, 2005

How to make a persn say "yes"...or "no"...

As I mentioned in my last post, I used to be a salesman (I still am really I suppose, just a self-employed one). My very first sales job was with a "bottom of the barrel" UK insurance firm. The ambulance chasers - you get the idea... It was OK to start with though - quite good fun really. Anyway, each time a new person joined the office there was an "in joke" where they'd be asked questions and they'd be forced to answer "yes" or "no" at will...without knowing about it... How? Ask a closed question - if you want a "yes" answer, then nod your head while asking it. If you want a "no" answer, then shake your head while asking it. Don't do it overtly, but do it so that the person you are asking can subconsciously perceive your nod or shake...next time you're in a face to face conversation, give it go. You'll be surprised at the results, I bet. It's basically using body language to get a message across...it's a very basic form of NLP...read more about Neuro Linguistic Programming

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done a little research into NLP in the past as I happen to have a client who runs courses on the subject (Marc Hogan - jolly nice chap!). I managed to blag my way onto one of his courses and I can tell you, knowing this NLP stuff opens a LOT of doors, not just in sales but in life generally.

If you don't mind a blatant plug, your in the UK and want to learn a bit more about covert NLP techniques to persuade people to do what you want.. take a look at his sites:

http://www.persuasion-skills.co.uk
http://www.mind-skills.co.uk

I recommend that you join his newsletter, He writes some really good articles, plus gives hefty discounts on the courses!

I can also say that I've noticed that a lot of powerful people in the world use NLP techniques in their public life (Tony Blair and George W Bush for starters) I'm pretty sure that Simon Cowell (x-factor) uses it too on a massive scale!

At last, a topic I know something about! Kal.

 
At 12/12/2005 11:41:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Cheers fo rthe links. Looks interesting..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!