Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Do AIS Sites Work ?

Here's something which I received by email the other day. I've been asked not to divulge a name or URL, so you can take this at face value (or not). I made a post on DDN Forum about offering refunds to buyers;

I didn't want to post too much on there [DDN] as I dont want any bad visitors to the site (just in case). Basically I've done really well: Up to Todays date: 19th dec ive earnt - Adsense: USD 359.16 Clickbank: USD 138.15 ebook sales: USD 7.95 total: USD 505.26 which I am extremely grateful for :) I'm waiting for the cheque to arrive, once I have that then I'll be looking at getting another.
This person spent $47; the site I provided produced $505 within 90 days. That's over a ten-fold ROI, which cannot be bad! However, some people cannot get AIS to work, and I do not know why. So I am working on 6 month experiment to get some efficacy data which I can then use to see what works and what does not. Should be interesting.

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

6 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 05:05:00 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

Congrats to whoever got those values!

Gary - My thought on the dramatic differences with your sites is possibly due to time ie. when they were launched. I know one or two of the buyers were not quick to launch their sites and they seem to be the ones losing out.

From an SEO point of view, even if you're on a different IP, if the content is possibly similar then Google's algorithm could notice this. I refer to Google purely because on my own (pretty successful) AIS site, Google provides over 10 times more traffic than anyone else. I realise that each site was sold with a different template and people have possibly made their own slight changes but I'm guessing that the key phrases are similar across the sites and the links directory is maybe very similar too.

It could be a flawed idea and you know those sites better than me but I seen it be an issue for a business site before so I'm sure it would possibly be an even bigger issue for these sites.

I just believe it's dependent on who got into the search indexes first. You know Paul didn't make virtually any changes to his site from the original and has definitely made his money back.

 
At 12/22/2005 05:31:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

I just believe it's dependent on who got into the search indexes first. You know Paul didn't make virtually any changes to his site from the original and has definitely made his money back.

That's an interesting possibility, and one that could well be the answer.

Hmmmmm.

 
At 12/22/2005 09:59:00 PM, Blogger Chris H said...

Excellent results!

I got my site published pretty quick. Burt, was there any other fishing sites flogged?

Methinks I chose a tough 'niche' to try and get into. Looking back when I was thinking about the site I was almost considering it as a community portal.

 
At 12/22/2005 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Chris; none at all. Yours was (and is) the only one...

 
At 12/22/2005 11:37:00 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

My idea was only really for the sites that Gary had already researched purely because they were researched to work. Whilst my own first AIS site has covered it's costs easily (with a bit of work from myself) my research didn't show good results on a few of the sites I use.

Luckily I was wrong! However as we all know, a saturated market is not necessarily worth trying to get to the top once you've done what you can. I'll never rank on the first page for SEO yet I can get most other sites up there (all white hat tricks!).

I'd be interested to know if you try my idea in your tests at all and any outcome Gary :)

 
At 12/23/2005 09:55:00 AM, Anonymous boo said...

As you know I'm one of those unfortunate souls who AIS isn't really working for. As such, I can't wait to see if you can discover any rhyme or reason as to why it works for some and not for others. Please do keep us posted... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!