Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

AIS Sites need Articles - get Article Miner

All AIS sites need some content. The best way of getting content is to write it yourself, but we all know how long a good article can take to write, and if you need 30 or 40 of them, it's a total Pain In The Arse. Some of my readers will know that I am about to embark on 6 month experiment to see what works and what doesn't with regards these AIS sites. So, some will have old domains, some wil be newly registered, some will have a linking strategy, some will bo "Blogged & Pinged". All will be built with Niche Creator along with Articles to give content. Anyway, the sourcing of Articles has been driving me insane. I was recommended to try Article Miner - this is a piece of software that searches through articles and returns those that match your keywords. It's a bit of a clumsy piece of software, but it does the job really very well. I've been using it since yesterday, and I can now source tens of articles in just a few minutes. The tool also allows to save the articles using a template, so my template is quite simple: a h2 heading and then the text of the article. This then plugs into my version of Niche Creator and means I can make articles sticky to a particular NC page. Link: Article Miner - very highly recommended if you need to source articles without wasting time !

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

6 Comments:

At 12/21/2005 06:36:00 PM, Blogger Chris H said...

Burt, your http's knacked on the links!

 
At 12/21/2005 06:40:00 PM, Anonymous Joe said...

Article Miner

 
At 12/21/2005 06:46:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Cheers Chaps - that'll teach me to proofread what I write !

 
At 12/21/2005 10:09:00 PM, Anonymous dan said...

Where does Article Miner get mine its articles from? Are they copyright free?

 
At 12/21/2005 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

From what I can see it creates a local copy of each article on about 10 of the usual article sites. It then searches thru these to match the keywords you input.

With my new ongoing experiment this'll be a real timesaver!

The articles are the ones that are freely usable so long as you keep the author details intact.

What I've done is create a simple template in Article Miner, which saves the articles as compliant HTML. I then recoded a portion of Niche Creator to assign an article to a page, however this needs the articles named in a certain format. To enable quick solution I paid one of my online buddies to make me a super-simple file renaming utility.

Now I can plug in say 12 articles to each site I build in less than 5 minutes! Whereas before this was taking me an hour or more.

Well worth the cost!

 
At 12/22/2005 01:28:00 PM, Blogger Oli said...

I was going to write something like this recently but never did, time to go read your "Procrastination is the Enemy of us all" again I think

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!