Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Support Your Local Traders (NOT)

If possible I always buy my stuff from smaller shops, rather than purchase from the larger chain stores or multinationals. Sometimes it works out a bit more expensive, but I feel that I'm hlpeing the local community and that I get better Customer Service. However, in some cases, buying locally can be a real Pain In The A*se. I recently (about 3 months ago) purchased a relatively expensive pair of cycling shorts - really great shorts, very "bikey", very technical etc. About a week after I purchased one of the zipped pockets broke, but that's no big deal as I didn't use the pockets anyway. A little while later the padded insert ripped across one of the seams, making the shorts unwearable. I took them back to my local bike-shop, expecting to get a replacement pair. Unfortunately for me, the shop did not have any in stock and so took my ripped pair of shorts from me and would send them back to the manufacturer for a replacement pair. The shop did not even offer a refund, and I didn't ask as I really liked these shorts and wanted a new pair. In the meantime I'm without cycling shorts :( It's now been five, yes FIVE !!! weeks. I'm really angry to be let down like this, so will be getting this sorted this week. Had I purchased via one of the larger bike stores (eg Halfords) I would have gotten a replacement immediately - this is what makes me angry, the Customer Service with a small store should be much better!

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

4 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 09:38:00 AM, Anonymous Chris H said...

Customer service with the smaller local stores should be better.

But have you gone back and explained that you feel let down by them rather than just getting the hump?

 
At 11/08/2005 09:41:00 AM, Blogger Gary B. said...

I've been back two or three times :( They know my feelings quite plainly as I went in yesterday and gave them unti l the end of this week to get it sorted. Or else ;)

 
At 11/08/2005 12:37:00 PM, Blogger JavaRoasters said...

You should hop on your bike in the buff wearing a big sign that says "if you buy shorts at XXX shop this is what you will have to wear" ;)

 
At 11/08/2005 03:53:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Sorted at last! I got a full refund, and have purchased some cycling tights instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!