Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Monday, November 21, 2005

Moaning Bar Stewards

I notice one particular person moaning about an AIS site that he purchased - linking to comments of mine where I say that these AIS sites need some time to bed in and that I no longer make any for myself. In a post, I mention standard NPB sites - he has linked to this with a subtle comment about his own AIS site. If only this person knew what a standard NPB site is, he would be in a better position to pass comment. They are nothing like the AIS sites that I provided to a very select few people. I'm probably not going to bother helping people get onto the AIS track again, as there is too much negativity going on. I made it quite clear that these sites need promotion, promotion, promotion in order to get a sufficient flow of traffic to make money. Getting a sufficient flow of traffic takes at least 3 months - all I've asked for is that amount of time for people to decide if AIS is viable for them. If it's not I give a 50% refund on the cost of their site build - thus the absolute maximum they can lose is $23.50 *less* whatever they've earned in 3 months. In addition to this, after 3 months and they have their refund, the buyers get to keep the site(s) they purchased anyway! Absolute quids in. And yet, some people will still moan and groan! Maybe I will just continue to build my own special sites for myself, and sell them off after they are established money-makers, at a much increased price. Maybe it's me? To me, $47 (with the promise of a 50% refund) is no money. Beer money at most, with the chance of earning a good income over the coming months. To others, I guess it's enough to worry about. If you got this far, thanks for listening to this moan ;-) Maybe in the morning I will feel more with it - and take these people with a pinch of salt.

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

7 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Gary B. said...

After a good nights kip, I decided it was me being stressed out.

Mind you, I still believe that some people see a glass half empty rather than half full.

 
At 11/21/2005 06:06:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

I was just checking my Adsense stats for the day and it's the best ever. Had more traffic to my Bonsai site than the other established Adsense site and had 2 or 3 clicks getting roughly $0.50. Not a lot but earning that everyday would soon add up, especially with more sites. I haven't done a lot to these sites but linked from my main business site to give it a little boost.

The other one that's working well is the Adsense for search as I've put it on a forum and people don't realise I earn money from it and it's not obtrusive.

Ignore him G!

 
At 11/21/2005 08:58:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Paul; I think you're right. I can't keep on defending what I know works. I'll just keep on truckin' :-)

What you're doing is exactly what I'm doing. Upload and link from an existing site - if it takes 6 months to get an income from the new site, so be it. I don't do any SEO, and I don't do any B & Ping...I have no meta tags, no nothing.

I'm on $26.32 for the day [from 5 sites], so my method seems to be working OK!

 
At 11/24/2005 12:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know BBG is on about $3 a day since the main SE ripped through it, with very little effort on my part since I haven't had the time. Thinking this is not bad culd get better when the season is actually going

Toxie

 
At 11/24/2005 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Nice one Toxie - thanks for the feedback :-)

$3 a day is pretty good and you're right, should increase once the season gets underway. I wish that one of our channels would show delayed coverage, I can't stay up all night at my age :-(

 
At 11/24/2005 03:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to say I was quite happy at that, most of the search terms refererd from Google have the sites pages in the top 10 if not top 5.

Didn't know you were a fan, tend to only stay up that late if its the Yanks or the playoffs.

Tox

 
At 11/24/2005 05:06:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Big Blue Jays fan. I know, I know ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!