Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The End of an Era

Today I sold my osCommerce eBooks site. I received a very fair offer and after weighing up my options I decided to accept. What does this mean in terms of AIS ? Well, I'll be down about 40%, so I need to raise that much from my other AIS adventures. It'll be quite difficult to replace the AIS earnings from a well-known and popular 2 year old site, but that's my new challenge. It'll be interesting to see just how much I miss the old site, as it's been very good to me. Recently I've become a bit disillusioned with osCommerce, Harald and his Moderators so this is a good way for me to go some way towards making a clean break. This was probably one of the main reasons for selling - what's the point in running a site that you just don't enjoy? I wish the new buyer the very best of luck! And hope that the site goes from strength to strength under the new owners!

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

4 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 12:51:00 PM, Blogger JavaRoasters said...

Wow Burt, that was not the post that I thought I would be reading today. With every door you close a new one opens. By next week I am sure we will be reading about your next business venture. Best of luck to the new owner. :)

 
At 11/10/2005 01:37:00 PM, Anonymous boo said...

Wow indeed. That's quite a significant step. I don't think I'd have the bottle to sell up if I owned oscbooks - I'd want to keep it ticking along in the background as a reliable little safety net. But I'm sure you've made the right decision for you. :)

Anyway, very best of luck to you in making up your 40% AIS earnings (odds on you'll be well on your way by the end of the week!), and of course all the very best to new oscbooks owner. Is it anyone we know?

 
At 11/10/2005 08:46:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Boo,

I'm the lucky new owner and plan to take the site further as I learn more and more about oscommerce.

Burt,

I'm gonna follow you progress very closely to see how you build your earnings back up. Good luck!

 
At 11/10/2005 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Thanks guys, and thanks to Paul for the very fair buy-out. I hope it's a big success for you Paul !

I'm not really sure what I am going to do next, I need to go for a bike ride and let my mind wander...I always get my best ideas while out cycling :D

I di have a small acorn of an idea, which might turn out OK - I just need to work out the logistics.

I'll keep this blog updated on what's next ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!