Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Friday, October 28, 2005

RSS / XML Live Bookmarks

I'm not sure why, but some blogs and sites that I read don't show the live bookmark button in Firefox. But all is not lost! So long as you know the site has an XML or RSS feed, you can add a live bookmark quite easily - simply go to the Bookmarks menu and select Manage Bookmarks. Under the File Menu, select New Live Bookmark. Now create a name for the Live Bookmark and add the URL. New articles from that site will appear as Live Bookmarks in Firefox, like so: image of my blog as a Firefox live bookmark! I think that in Blogger, you do need to change some settings for the atom feed to be active - Settings > Site Feed > Publish Site Feed {Yes}

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

2 Comments:

At 10/28/2005 07:54:00 PM, Anonymous Matt said...

Useful, Ive got your blog and others in a blog livebookmark folder, on my links toolbar.

The way I did it for those without livefeed Icons (and Im guilty of it because mattian doesnt have it turned on as default!) is to copy and paste one of my existing, right click on it, select properties, and then put in the feed URL and rename it.

 
At 10/28/2005 09:23:00 PM, Anonymous Matt said...

You inspired me to write a similar post, but here I explained in the comments how to make a page have a live bookmark icon... its for mattian but can be used in any page.

http://www.mattian.co.uk/matt/2887/#c3328

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!