Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Rich Jerk – Review

"The Rich Jerk" is an eBook which turns salesmanship on it's head. Basically the creator has taken time to document a variety of methods (both orthodox and unorthodox) which show how to create a sale from what seems to be thin air. Chapter 1: Affiliate Networks – this shows which Affiliate Networks should definitely be joined, which are somewhat OK to join, and which should be joined if you have nothing better to do on a rainy day. I'll admit that some of the networks mentioned are new to me, but there are some mentioned which we are all aware of, for example “Click Bank”. Sales Letters - showing the power of words - what words to use to elicit a buying response. I found this section very interesting as I struggle quite badly with the English Language. This section also includes a very good example sales letter! There are 2 further sections which are of interest - offering rebates and getting paid per lead. Both are explained fully, including examples of what to do and what not to do! Chapter 2: A discussion about the power of Pay Per Click (PPC) adverts, including the infamous Adsense and Adwords. I used a method outlined in this Chapter to reduce my Adwords Cost, yet get more clicks through to my website! Chapter 3: Everything that you didn't know about Search Engine Optimization! Including “incoming links”, “page content”, “cloaking” and other miscellaneous strategies. Includes a list of free and paid for directories to submit your sites to. I've been in the amateur SEO game for a few years, and some of the methods outlined here are quite eye-opening to me! Chapter 4: How to sell your own product. Basically everything you need to know from start to finish! What more do I need to say? Chapter 5: eBay - the what's, why's, where's and how's. From sourcing products to sell, to how eBay works. Includes some good tips on security as well. Chapter 6: Profitable websites - what sort of website is likely to make you good profits with little work. Includes example of a site that the author sold for $380,000 after just a few months of existence! Chapter 7: Other entrepreneurial adventures - showing how to make money by investing small amounts of cash wisely. Seems quite straightforward, but not something that I would be interested in. Chapter 8: Extra info for beginners - some great ideas for how to make money with very little knowledge. Fairly basic knowledge here, but even so I found a couple of ideas that I had not considered. This chapter is more of a “mop-up” chapter giving a clearer english overview of what has been explained in the previous chapters. Chapter 9: Website & Services recommended by the author - a few links to tools and websites that will allow the reader to shortcut their way to success. The Rich Jerk Aff Link My overall view: I was sceptical when I first hit on the Rich Jerk website. But after taking the time out to read this Book, I can definitely see where the author is coming from on most of the chapters. There's only one chapter that I think is not worthwhile to my situation, but for the most part, the Author is right on the money. I've already implemented a couple of Adwords methods, and have seen good results. I think that if you are going to buy the book, you need to realise that it is not a “magic bean” solution – it will still take hard work from you to be a success. What the book does give to you is a torch, that allows you to peak into corners of Internet Marketing that were previously dark. I class myself as somewhat knowledgable about online endeavours – this book has opened up at least 5 new avenues for me to explore! All in all, I recommend it. AIS link: Rich Jerk

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

4 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 06:07:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Well, you've just made some cash from that review. I've taken the plunge and bought it so i'll have a read tonight and see what I can do with it.

 
At 10/25/2005 06:21:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Thanks Paul. Buying via Clickbank means that you get a "no questions asked" refund guarantee, so if the book is not for you, go down that route!

It's a win-win situation. If you find 2 or 3 tips that'll make money, you win, and if you don't then claim a refund!

 
At 10/25/2005 07:19:00 PM, Blogger Paul said...

I think it is very good so far. Like the idea about buying cheap traffic.

One thing that's true is about offering a 'discount' on the product. Tanty said about this on DDN so it shows it works.

 
At 4/10/2006 05:54:00 PM, Blogger online-business-reviews said...

I definitely agree with your review. The ebook is fantastic, but it is not just an overnight deal where you will start making $500 per day. Yes, making $500 per day is possible and I know people who make that much. Find more reviews here: eBook Reviews

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!