Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Friday, October 28, 2005

How many hours in the day?

When is 24 hours not 24 hours? When it's Internet Time! I was trying to explain my AIS stuff to a friend who is totally computer illiterate - I was trying to explain that Internet time is not the same as keeping a shop. I pointed out the following example: If you own a shop that's open from 9am till 5pm, thats 8 hours of selling time per day. OK, so far so good. If you run an online shop, these are open all hours, thus 12.01 am to 12midnight daily, or in simpler terms; 24 hours per day. But, think of this: An Internet day is made up of more than 24 hours! I'm not 100% sure of the dateline, but today in Japan started hours ago, and today in America has only just started. In other words, today, the 28th of OCtober will be about 40 hours long, if you take into account the International Dateline effect. My friend kind of understood what I was trying to say, I think. In the end I just said I'm a website designer ;) So, how to maximise your income - open an Internet shop and sell internationally!

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

1 Comments:

At 10/28/2005 11:08:00 PM, Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Hmmm... Interesting theory Gary. Maybe another bottle of wine and it might start to make sense:)

Only thing I know for sure is that their aint nowhere near enough hours in the bl**dy day!

Cheers,
Rich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!