Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Hard Job but someones gotta do it

Over on Baldys Blog there's an interesting post about jobs...people often (in real life, not interweb life) ask what I do for a living. I usually just say "website designer", but that's not really correct - but everyone knows what a webdesigner is. If I was to speak to someone else who's knowledgable about the web, I'd call myself an "Internet Consultant/Marketeer". I used to tell people that, but then got strange looks as their eyes glazed over when I tried to clarify what I meant... I suppose I don't really have a job title - I'm bit of a Jack of All Trades, Master of None. I suppose "Del Boy" would be appropriate ;)

This time next year, Rodders...

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

3 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 01:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 'Jack Of All' may work for you Burt :P

 
At 10/14/2005 01:52:00 PM, Anonymous Darklings said...

lol - I had the same 'problem'. I studied animation. When you tell people your an animator (atleast over here in my country (Belgium)) they think you animate children or old people (play with them - entertain - do stuff).
Non realy thinks of making drawingmovies...
(un)luckely I couldnt finish my studie in animation and work now as a pre-press operator. Witch makes people frounce too - so I just tell them i'm a grahical designer. And i kept it that way even though i'm now working on a couple of websites (php/flash), photograph, making plates for press and now and then help out the presser(i hope its called that way in english :s).

Kind regards,
Tom

 
At 10/15/2005 09:28:00 AM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Hey Tom, I used to be a pre-press operator too! Working on the Crosfield Drum Scanner back in the mid 90s, sizing photo's and slides, layout, spotting negs, platemaking!

At the end of my time there (about 1994), they just purchased a new Aple Mac. A Quadra which had just 16 megs of Ram - and back then, this was a powerful machine! We used to play Myst on it all night :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!