Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Friday, October 14, 2005

Dell - Master Spammers

I recently had to purchase a new computer as mine was fried. Rather than mess about, I simply bought a Dell. It works great, but f***ing hell, Dell are Master Spammers. In an average week, I get 4 (Royal Mail) mailshots, a few emails, and at least 1 phone call trying to sell me insurance or some sh*tty upgrade. What they say is "contact us and we'll remove you from our lists". Yeah sure. I already faxed them twice. I've written to them once. I've emailed 7 times. Still I get their spam none of which I agreed to receive in the first place! Yet again, today I received another letter from them. This time, I got through the the company that arranges Dell "communications". Spoke to a very nice lady who has assured me that I will be taken off all lists ASAP. However, the Royal Mail Spam is pre-prinited 12 weeks in advance so I will still receive Dell Crap for another 12 weeks. if you are thinking of buying a Dell, they are great machines, but the amount of times you'll get stuff asking you to buy more and more and more is unbelievable. Dell - get yourself sorted!

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

6 Comments:

At 10/14/2005 12:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised that you would even buy a Dell. I hate proprietory type of machines and would never buy a system based on proprietory hardware.

Dell is just another in the worrld of computers I would never buy, they are similar HP, IBM etc... All are good machines, but to upgrade ypour need to purchase "their" hardware, at least it used to be like that, and now I only buy computers which I can fiddle with and not have to worry about using their parts, labour etc or the warrenty is voided....

cheers,
Peter M.

 
At 10/14/2005 01:05:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

I've fiddled about with it already ;) 2nd HD, DVD Burner, more RAM, new OS and so on...

The Dells are such good value (at least they are here, in the UK) that it makes sense to buy the Dell machine as a base and then add the bits that are needed on top.

I'm not bothered about the Warranty - that's already run out anyway as it was only 90 days cover - they called me trying to sell me another 3 years worth. :(

 
At 10/14/2005 02:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its easy to get rid of Dell - Just tell them you recently filed to become Bankrupt - but would still like a pc on credit!

 
At 10/15/2005 03:38:00 AM, Blogger -Chance said...

From a corporate standpoint, Dell is frickin awesome.

Their servers are top notch, I don't really care what anyone says. Their raid hardware is some of the best in the world, and their support is outstanding- I had new replacement hardware in 4 HOURS after calling support on a critical server.

Their site is nice too- letting you track every dell asset you have purchased all in one place.

For the house, I would build my own. For the office or anything business critical? I would use nothing but dell.

 
At 10/15/2005 09:24:00 AM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Yeah, it's a rock solid machine. I just hate the way they think they can spam you to death.

I probably won't buy a Dell again because of it to be honest.

 
At 10/19/2005 12:08:00 PM, Blogger JavaRoasters said...

My Dell desktop has only had to go in for a repair once. The laptop ($4000 with all the software and upgrades) lasted 53 weekds. Of course the warranty was 52 weeks and now it is a paperweight. I only turned it on about 40 times (on weekends) so at $100 to turn it on I don't think I am buying another Dell anytime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!