Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Forum Idiots

On one of the business oriented forums that I frequent, there is one certain person who delights in pointing out the mistakes that others make. These are inconsequential mistakes such as simple typing errors, or spelling errors. It annoys the hell out of a number of people. I suppose correcting other people makes him feel like a big man. Anyway, today he surpassed himself by moaning about people using acronyms (such as PHP, HTML and the like). He made a nice racist "joke" today also :-( Recently I started to bite back at him - he calls himself a "professional designer", who's been designing websites since 1995. He's come up with some BS about how websites should work (based on his own ill-informed opinions). I politely pointed out that his own website has more than 100 HTML errors on it's index page alone. So much for the "professional"... :- All I can say is "what a fscking idiot". I feel better now I've had a rant. :-D

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

3 Comments:

At 8/07/2005 05:25:00 PM, Anonymous bb said...

I know just what you mean. I wonder if he realises just how many people his nitpicking ways have put off from posting? I lurk there pretty much on a daily basis, but very seldom post for that very reason. Anyway, hope you feel better after your rant. ;)

 
At 8/07/2005 05:30:00 PM, Anonymous Ed said...

I wonder who you mean.... ;)

I have been laughing at your reply posts Gary very funny stuff. Personally - i dont/cant be bothered to rock the boat where that comes to mind as it doesn't really bother me.

 
At 8/07/2005 09:26:00 PM, Blogger Gary B. said...

Cheers Guys. That bloke just has no redeeming features in my opinion. Grrrr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!