Burts AIS, osCommerce & More Blog
New URL: www.osworld.biz

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Automated Income Streams

Over the past 18 months or so, I've been concentrating on creating "Automated Income Streams" - in other words, earning Money for doing next to nothing. This might seem a little hard to understand, but there are many ways that you can earn money for doing very little work. A good example is Google Adsense. By adding a few lines of code to your websites, adverts will show. When a surfer clicks on the Advert you get paid anywhere between $0.01 and $20 (or more)... Of course, you don't really want to run Google Adsense on a site that sells your own products and services, as you may be advertising your competitors - so the best option is to run it on "informational sites". You can see an example at the osCommerce Forum in the top right hand corner, or at one of my own sites: www.housewiz.co.uk I have a number of sites, each of which produces a small income on a daily basis - it's not much, but if I put my mind to it, I could easily up this to as much as I wanted... Another very good idea is to sell "information". For example eBooks. Simply write an eBook about whatever takes your fancy and then sell it! I've done exactly this and it's very successful. There are loads of ideas for this type of business, so I'll use this Blog to give ideas out, now and then - stay tuned. Today I woke up to $72 of orders - all paid for and delivered. I have to do no work! Nice.

New URL: www.osworld.biz - thanks!

3 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 03:08:00 AM, Blogger WizardsandWars said...

OK, after alot of thought, I decided to give this a shot. I've never really set up a site like this, where it's really just dealing with managing traffic. But I know enough about SEO and marketing that I should be able to get at least a minimal stream of traffic coming through without paying to advertise.

I found a free script, threw up a cheapish website, and offered some google ad links, as you suggested.

Keep in mind, this isn't a 'product' that I endorse, but I imagine it would be attractive to some shop owners that are just getting started, and I wanted to give this 'Automated Income Streams' a shot.

Take a look, and tell me if you think I have the idea.
http://www.safeencryption.com/

 
At 7/19/2005 07:07:00 AM, Blogger Gary B. said...

I think so - keep us updated on how it goes!

Adsense producing sites do work. I've not got into it heavily yet, I have only about 12 sites that run Adsense. My best day so far on Adsense is about $35. Which is not a lot of money, but for no work at all it is not bad!

It's all a numbers game. What I intend to do (time permitting) is create lots of sites that each produce $1 a day...100 of those and that's quite a nice little income for no work...

Add that to your normal wage from your "proper" job and badaboom-badabing; a nice chunk of disposable income!

 
At 7/19/2005 09:51:00 AM, Blogger WizardsandWars said...

Yeah, one of the things that made me decide to 'throw my hat into the ring' so to speak, was the fact that I've got a few dozen domains sitting around waiting for me to develop an automated ecommerce shop for. Because I take on so many clients,each store can take quite some time to set up.

So, I figured that while these domains are just stitting around, I may as well set up quick little adsense pages that only take me a half day to develop, and see if I can at least get them listed and indexed for key phrases that would be useful later. And if they make a few cents along the way, so much the better, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Latest Posts

To View Newer Posts - Click Here!